August 26, 2004

digesting weird monologues

I received a job offer from the King Fahad University of Petroleum Engineering in Saudi Arabia – a two year renewable for 97,400 Saudi Riyals a year plus tickets plus a house plus transport money plus help for the children’s tuition up to eighteen, providing the school is in Saudi and “approved” by KFUPE. Not bad certainly, but that would be teaching English - a passion for me but not my real super intensive passionate passion/specialty - that of taking on and succesfully completing intensely intensive technical projects of various types. It's what I did afore. That is why it exites me a lot to have recieved an offer from the you-ay-ee Armed Forces doing just that - intensly intensive technical projects.

Right now, I’m a good ways thru the process of being hired by the you-ay-ee army, theirs is a two year renewable, blahblah dhs a year, plus this and that perks to make it quite worth while. I feel like I’m balancing on the edge of a huge razor blade, and that if I should move but a millimetre, my manhood would be cleft in two followed by the rest of me. We wait. The army has guaranteed me twice verbally of a concrete offer and have spent the man-hours to examine me medically – I passed, and to examine my past as though I were a royal of England r’ sumpim laik a’t (editor: since this was written i've passed that too). All the way back to kindergarten! Now they want to speed up the immigration process for me and I am stuck in the spot of asking my former employer who suddenly wants very little to do with me, for a ‘no objection letter’. This letter should state that they have no objection to release me.

Suddenly Blah Pinoche’ is hedging on this point. I don’t know why but it causes me extra headaches which don’t have to be at all. He claims it’s easier for Suspect to cancel my visa than to write me a simple letter of release. Makes absolutely no sense at all to me and at the same time exposes Blah Pinoche’ for what he is – I don’t have to spell it out. All those who know Blah, or have worked for him in the past know exactly what I’m talking about.

All I can say is I’d love to be his boss for just one day so I could feed him some of the same crap he’s been forcing on all his employees - especially those of us who are not muslim and not from america, for the past two years. I swear the guy is tough to deal with. He doesn’t trust anyone. I feel like I’m listening to a jilted lover every time he subjects me to more of his weird philosophies of ISSSLLAAAMICCC digestion and “listtening-to-your-innner-dialoguue.” Sounds suspicious, at the very least, if not a clear sign of Blah's chronic depression that has since led to a psychosis in him of some kind, (says the layman psychologist of magnanimous proportions).

Blah wanted to “chat” again. I have already endured his monologues while trapped in his office three times already. Much ado about nothing. Wonder how fast he’ll decide to move once all the armed forces of you-ay-ee are brought to bear on him and they begin asking for my release? A Cog in the wheel he claims he is now. Pretty power hungry cog I'd say - if his comical, empty-threat laden troop-barking at ALL of us at the beginning of this year was any indication. Cog in the wheel? Really, Blah? I think you’re just protecting you’re ass. Fine by me. I too will protect my interests. Find someone else to diddle and then say hello to my new work FAMILY, the Yu-ay-eee Armed forces.

Guys like Blah, who think they need to protect their asses all the time instead of doing their jobs, really oughta be reminded every once in awhile just what it is that they should be protecting their asses against – ie an inevitable onslaught.

It is August here. The country still sleeps but it is soon to wake up. Probably around August 20th or so, is my guess - which is as good as any other guess of a person who embarks on their fourth year here in the desert. The place that employs me has given me 96 hours of instruction time for August. at eighty five per, that’s not too bad. I can pay some bills. Need to talk to the money guy regarding getting an advance otherwise I’ll be up caca-creek without an arabic-style toilet hose to spray-clean my bum with, in a few more days. Car payment, loan payment, house payment all descending on me, rapidly.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?