August 26, 2004

massive fire-power in a small package

It’s Friday morning, a holiday here. Pregnant wife: house cleaning is for me now, cooking is for me now, washing dishes is for me now. Have not cleaned house this weekend by virtue of insanity – I mean, of the fact that I spent 8 ½ hrs yesterday completing “assignment one” worth thirty percent of my Linguistics 465 grade. Submitted yesterday at 17:00 local. Almost there, one more assignment to go and a bunch of discussion questions.

I went to Dubai Police College with son yesterday to the Middle East Police and law enforcement exhibition MEPLEX2004. We came away with a couple of subcompact Glock pistols - massive firing power in a small package. It’s the optimal backup weapon, especially preferred by VIP guards (and International English teachers in the Middle East). Just kidding of course. I wouldn’t know what to do with massive firing power in two small packages in the house, let alone one in the hands of a granted mature sixteen year old.

Now it’s Saturday afternoon and all the teachers had to stay at school till the normal going home time of 13:20. This is good in my opinion. If the headmaster let us go early every day we’d come to expect it as the norm, probably. I guess there’ll be no going home at 9:30 in the morning, like last week, for a while. Oh well, at least a guy can still make plans around the normal work schedule for the really vital daily living that one has to do. And so I do. I made plans to study today. Week 7 – Topics 12, Phonetic Representation & 13, Issues in Transcription. As soon as I finish this blog….

Need for Speed - Underground is the best PC racing game I have ever played. I'm on level 94 of 111 levels on the 'easy setting'. I'm ranked third in sprint races, third in drag racing, and fourth in circuit racing. I drive a highly modified Acura RSX. It sports an extreme performance-level (EPL), direct-port-injection Nitrous Oxide kit, extreme performance-level Stillen Turbo kit, extreme performance-level Electronic Fuel Control Unit, (EFCU), Rage Racing carbonfibre front and rear bumper and sideskirts, a dual XP aluminum racing spoiler, Suspension by Stillen & HKS, Racing heart Carbonfibre wheels with extreme performance, 45-series Yokohama street-racing tyres.

Only a few other car on the system - the Nissan Skyline - has as high a top speed as my car, though others, like the subaru imprezia 4-wheel drive, has mo' betta' handling characteristics, whereas others like the Honda S2000 has better acceleration. It is addictive, my wife is starting to complain that I'm playing this NFS_U game way too much.

Almost there Byro, almost there. June 25th, submission of second and final linguistics assignment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?