August 26, 2004

property world, middle east

Had a brief ‘Chance meeting’ today with the financial director of Property World, Middle East magazine. Tyson, our six month old Amstaff jumped unexpectedly off the ground to his face level just to say hi. The guy’s answer as he nonchalantly stepped back to avoid the leap: “Oh. Nice pit-bull man.” “Amstaff Actually” my standard reply, lately. He seems an interesting guy. He’s from Ireland. We have a number o uncanny parallels in our lives, uncanny that is for a chance meeting in the UAE desert…. Me and he both have step sons in the Dubai Russian Private school. Me and he both were out at ‘the polygon’ today just west of Sharjah – a developed road system waiting to be populated with houses and a magnificent area to be if you are 14 – 16 years old, Russian, and operating a vehicle belonging to someone who loves your mother…. His step son drives his Mitsubishi Pajero way too fast. My step son drives my VW Polo way too fast. Come to think of it, I drive my Polo way too fast. My wife drives my polo way too fast. Why should I wonder then that he too would drive my Polo way too fast? He gave me two issues of the magazines which have the scoop on the myriad property developments in and around Dubai that are hot hot hot right now. Very interesting to talk to, this guy. To top it off he is approachable, and friendly. Been in the Middle East a long time. Been in the former USSR a long time before that. Our stepsons had arranged in Russian to be driven by him to Dubai City center after our two hours of ado-racing in 34.5 degree comfort. So I went home alone with two magazines and a business card and he trucked off with an extra Russian teenager to Dubai city center.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?