September 21, 2004

five mountains at once

Big challanging things, like mountain climbs, happen in real life, it seems, in quints. Will you listen now to my five mountains? First mountain: we are going to have a baby in about three weeks. Second mountain: I have not worked for three months - no cash on hand, in the bank, anywhere - WE ARE BROKE - til I get my first paycheck. Third mountain: my trusty little polo's timing belt tore apart almost exactly when it was supposed to be changed - at 60000 km. My car sits in the garage until I can pay to get it out. Fourth mountain: Getting my mom in law and son back down here is proving to be difficult. She is waiting for the ex husband to remove his name from her flat's registration paper so that she can sell it, without anyone "living there" and my son's waiting for money that the army will pay for his schooling, soon. Fifth mountain: I have a number of big bills coming up and I don't know when I get my first paycheck from the army.

These are my five mountains to climb. With the twist of unplanned adventure mentioned above, I suddenly have to climb them all at once. Maybe I can just move all of the mountains closer together and stradle as I climb? Cheat the system as it were. Or perhaps I should just achieve the first peak - get my wife to the hospital and get the baby delivered nicely, THEN, 'stead o' going down again, just hop on over nimbly to the next peak and deal with it at a high level - too and then on to number three as nimbly able and on to number four and the last.

five mountains at once. AAAAAAHHHHH!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?