September 29, 2006

Regress to progress

To be careful when writing is such a lofty thing to achieve for me. My writing process has always been a bit messy. I forget to go back and check essential things like whether all the words that should be there are actually there and whether some words are there that should no longer be there. These things I miss. I also miss little essentials like a comma here and a capital there, however I’m pretty good at ending sentences with a period at this point.

I’m still in Dubai. I’m forty and still haven’t done anything real with my life yet. That’s how I feel at least. I’m forty and I haven’t significantly contributed to anything in any sort of a lasting way in this world nor have I been innovative enough o have created something from nothing that contributes significantly to the progress of my generation or the ones after it. The closest I think I have come to innovation at this late point in my life is the very activity I am carrying out right now - stringing two and more words together on a line across my computer to CREATE. But if looked at closely, one could reveal the shallow secret of all writing in that writing borrows from all the great and minor compositions read previously.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?